CZECH VISA? A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
JUST GOT ACCEPTED TO PFI? CONGRATULATIONS!
Now you should check whether you need a visa to enter
the Czech republic. If you are non-EU national, read on to find out how to acquire a long-term visa for your stay.
For the students who choose service of the visa-processing experts, the documents will be sent directly to the agency who will complete them, translate, prepare the application and support you throughout the whole process.
Step 1 Pay 50% of tuition as deposit
Once we receive your payment, we will prepare for you following documents written in Czech language. You will need these documents for your visa application:
- Confirmation of Education
- Confirmation of Housing (only if accommodation is arranged by PFI)
Step 2 Valid passportMake sure that your travel document (usually passport) is valid for at least 3 months after your planned date of departure from the Czech Republic - after the completion of your course.
Step 3 Find latest informationSearch for the Czech consulate or embassy in your home country for up-to-date information. Please make sure you are looking at the requirements for Long-Stay Visa - purposes "OTHER". Not for a Student Visa.
Step 4 Prepare visa requirements
- Travel document
- 2 passport-sized photographs of your face
- Official extract from your country’s Penal Register Record
- Account balance sheet from your bank to confirm that you have a minimum credit of CZK 81,400 at your disposal for 12 months
- International debit card (VISA/MASTERCARD)
- Visa fee (CZK 2,500)
For visa applications, you need all documents to be legally translated (i.e. notarized) into the Czech language. You can send original documents in English to us and we will arrange legal translation into Czech locally and send them back to you. If you are waiting for other documents from PFI, such as Confirmation of Education and Housing, we can send everything to you in one shipment.
Order official Czech translation of documents
Before your appointment at the Consulate, make a copy of all documents, including the page in your passport for your personal details. You should also bring to the Consulate the bank card linked to your account (as per the balance sheets in Step 4).
Make a copy of all the documents
Use the appropriate application form for a Long-Term Visa. The application form for long-term visas can be found on the website of
the Czech Foreign Ministry.
Fill in visa application form / Book your interview appointment
- The application form must be completed in capital letters using the latin alphabet.
- Please state the purpose for your application as "OTHER," with “EDUCATION” specified in field No. 28 of the form. Note that the purpose of your stay is “EDUCATION”, not “study”.
- The application form must be brought to the Czech embassy or consular office in person. In most cases, submission of your application is followed by a personal interview and fingerprint collection.
If your visa application is approved, prior to affixing the visa, you are obliged to submit proof of medical travel insurance.
Prepare confirmation of travel medical insurance in the Czech Republic
It is recommended to consult the Czech Embassy or Consulate and verify whether the insurance you choose meets the requirements for an application for a visa. You can find more information here: mvcr.cz .