- Minimum age to enter our BTEC Higher National study programs is 18 years.
1. YEAR OF STUDY (HNC)
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTSIn general, to study 1-year course (Level 4 Higher National Certificate - HNC) you must have completed one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Creative Media Production; or
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C (or equivalent), and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English; or
- Other related Level 3 qualifications; or
- Higher Education Diploma issued by recognized education institution; or
- Related work experience; or
- An international equivalent of the above.
ENGLISH REQUIREMENTSAll of our courses are delivered in English. All your work must be submitted in English as well. That is why your English must be at least at a B level. Unless you are a native speaker or have studied in English for the last two years, please send us an official copy of a certificate of one of the following qualifications in your name:
- Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2; or
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 42; or
- Pearson Test of English General (PTE) Level 3; or
- Pearson Versant English Test 58-68; or
- Having within the past (approx.) two years completed a formal programme of study in English at an appropriate level (such as a level 3 BTEC or ‘A’ level).
2. YEAR OF STUDY (HND)To study the second year, i.e. top-up diploma for 1-year course (Level 5 Higher National Diploma - HND) you will be required to have achieved:
- A BTEC National Certificate in Creative Media Production.
Our film courses are designed for all applicants aged 18+ who speak fluent English. The minimum required level of English is B2 - Upper Intermediate. A typical film course is structured as a one to two-year programme. During the first year you will acquire the basics in traditional filmmaking together with hands-on training in your chosen specialisation; in the second year you further develop your skills according to what interests you most. As you will benefit most from the practical activities, more than half of the classes are devoted to exercises which allow you to try everything yourself.
You can find all details here: https://www.praguefilminstitute.cz/programs/